Being a SAFE Student
- Don’t leave / wedge open fire doors, these are there to prevent heat and smoke moving round the building
- Not to cook after a night out and a few too many beers!!! You may forget or fall asleep.
- Before you start cooking, make sure you have a window open or your extractor fan operating, smoke from cooking will set the alarms off and we will have to attend, this takes fire engines away from real 999 calls
- Make sure you are charging your electronic devices on hard flat surfaces and you’re keeping an eye on them in case they get hot - they can overheat and potentially cause a fire. Do not charge devices overnight.
- Don’t spray aerosols near your smoke detector - although the spray isn't smoke, the vapour can still set it off
- Smoke from E cigarettes will set the alarm off
- Never cover or tamper with your smoke alarm, they are there to save yours and everyone’s else lives.