The Committee meets four times a year and has the following functions:
- Reviewing and monitoring progress and performance in achieving strategic objectives (as set in the Authority's Strategic Plan and Integrated Risk Management Plan).
- Monitoring and reviewing key performance indicators and targets.
- Receiving reports and making recommendations to the Authority on Value for Money reviews
- Monitoring and reviewing Improvement Plans.
- Scrutinising performance and challenging the Authority when carrying out the responsibilities referred to in the above functions.
- Champion the development of conditions of service of staff through the implementation and maintenance of HR strategies.
- Consider equality and diversity issues as they affect the Authority.
- Assist in maintaining good employment relations in the interests of providing the highest level of service to residents of County Durham and Darlington and make recommendations to the Authority as to how employment relations could be improved.