We aim to manage risks and ensure that our resources are allocated in the best way to reduce the number of emergency incidents and the associated risk of injury or death in the local area.
Our priorities are set out in our strategic aims and objectives
To help us achieve our vison of ‘Safest People, Safest Places’ the Authority has three strategic aims and seven objectives:
Protecting and Preventing
- identifying and reducing risks from fire and other hazards to achieve safer, stronger communities;
- responding effectively and competently to prevent loss of life, injury and damage, with resources targeted to risk;
- defining and delivering our role in the community to improve the well-being and quality of life for our communities.
Developing Motivated People to Deliver Effectively
- investing in the skills and potential of all our people through continuous personal and professional development;
- optimising the contribution of all our people in a rewarding, challenging and safe environment.
Value Through Sustainable Improvement
- developing an organisation that is fit for purpose to meet the changing needs of our communities;
- delivering value for money with prioritisation of available resources based on risk.
The ways in which we achieve these aims and objectives is set out in the following documents:
Integrated Risk Management Plan
Equality and Diversity
Customer Care Charter
Health and Safety Statement of Intent