The Committee meets at least four times per year and has the following functions:
- Supervision of the process of investigation and determination of complaints of breach of the Authority’s code of conduct for Members.
- Ensuring that Members of the Fire and Rescue Authority are adequately trained in their obligations under the code of conduct.
- Champion the development of staff conditions of service through the implementation and maintenance of People Strategies.
- Consider equality and diversity issues as they affect the Authority including consideration of reports submitted by the Service on policy matters relating to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion.
- Assist in maintaining good employment relations in the interest of providing the highest level of service to the residents of County Durham and Darlington and make recommendations to the Authority as to how employment relations could be improved.
- Consider reports submitted by the Service on policy matters relating to terms and conditions of employees. (including early retirements, flexible retirements and redundancy).
- Monitoring and reviewing key performance indicators and targets. (Sickness, Health and Safety, Training).
- Oversight of the implementation of the Core Code of Ethics for Fire and Rescue Services.
The available committee papers are listed in the column on the righthand side of this page.
Note that the first meeting of this Committee has not yet taken place and papers will be published in due course.