Allan Hobson: 07966182665
Please contact our Community Safety team on 0345 2234221
Appraisal of the facilities at the fire station at North Bondgate, Bishop Auckland in the official report on the formation of Brigade was:
This station consisted of two prefabricated huts and a six-bay brick-built garage in poor condition. Badly sited and adversely affecting the operational efficiency whilst also hampering the recruitment of retained personnel. Urgent replacement was the only course of action.
The first phase of the new fire station on Watling Road was completed in 1955. The new station enabled the previously occupied building to be returned to the owners – United Automobile Services. The first phase of the station had a three bay appliance garage.
The second phase of the station was completed. The resultant station had a four bay garage, office accommodation and drill tower.
A new community fire station was constructed at Fylands Bridge. The state of the art fire station comprises of community rooms, four bay appliance garage, three bay training complex including the training tower and working at heights facilities and office accommodation.
The station was officially opened by Helen Goodman MP on 17th July 2010.