We are committed to making sure that people, businesses and organisations in County Durham and Darlington are protected by working towards our vision of:
Safest People, Safest Places
The Authority is focussed on managing risks and ensuring that resources are allocated efficiently and effectively to reduce the number of emergency incidents and the associated risk of injury or death in the local area.
To help us achieve our priorities we aim to:
- Plan and prepare for emergencies and provide a professional and effective response at all times
- Provide professional advice and assurance to support business development and ensure public safety
- Engage and educate people to improve their safety and wellbeing
- Deliver an efficient fire and rescue service through the effective use of public money and be accountable to the public
- Work closely with our partners to improve public safety
- Support and develop our staff and ensure our values are at the centre of everything we do
For information about our priorities as well as future plans view the service-plans on this site and our priorities page.