The Committee meets at least four times per year and has the following functions:
- Supervise the process of investigation and determination of complaints of breach of the authority’s code of conduct for members.
- Grant appropriate dispensations to members pursuant to S33 of the Localism Act 2011 insofar as this responsibility is not delegated to the Monitoring Officer.
- Ensure that members of the Fire and Rescue Authority are adequately trained in their obligations under the code of conduct.
- Review and report on the quarterly and annual financial statements of the authority.
- Consider and make recommendations to the authority for the proposed Revenue and Capital Budgets and medium term financial plans.
- Consider any changes in the budget allocations arising from changes in strategic policies and service plans.
- Consider any proposals for growth or budget reductions.
- Consider the revenue and capital budgets, medium term financial plan, council tax levels and associated information prior to approval by the Fire Authority.
- Consider Treasury Management policy and strategy and on-going performance.
- Consider value for money reviews and indicators.
View the committee papers: