The Committee meets at least four times yearly and undertakes the following functions:
- Reviewing and Approving the Authority’s statement of Accounts, Annual Governance Statement and Statement of Assurance.
- Discussing the nature and scope of the forthcoming audit with the external auditor.
- Receiving and commenting on the external auditor's audit completion report and Annual Audit letter.
- Receiving regular progress reports from Internal Audit and considering the issues and action plans arriving from any audit.
- Approving the Internal Audit Charter.
- Considering the report on the annual review of Internal Audit effectiveness.
- Ensuring all auditors have the full cooperation of staff.
- Reviewing the Annual Governance Statement prior to its approval.
- Reviewing and reporting on corporate governance arrangements.
- Oversight of the risk management process and the corporate risk register.
- Considering update reports on existing and emerging corporate risks.
- Considering reports from internal and external audits and inspections.
- Promoting the value of the audit process.
View the committee papers: