We are looking to appoint one Independent Persons to assist the Durham and Darlington Fire Authority in maintaining high standards of conduct. The Independent Persons will assist with the handling complaints against councillors.
The Authority is responsible for handling complaints against its members and is required to take into account the views of at least one Independent Person before making a decision on a complaint it has decided to investigate. Fire Authority Members who are subject to complaints are also entitled to consult the Independent Person for their views.
Ideally you should:-
- have a keen interest in standards in public life
- wish to serve the local community and uphold democracy
- be able to demonstrate high standards of personal integrity
- be objective, independent and impartial
- Have direct experience of implementing and upholding standards and/or dealing with complaints and customer care issues.
These positions are voluntary and unpaid. Travelling and subsistence allowances will be paid in respect of attendance at meetings and training will be provided.
Application forms are available on the Authority’s website www.ddfire.gov.uk or from the County Council’s website www.durham.gov.uk or from Helen Lynch, Clerk to the Fire Authority, Legal and Democratic Services, County Hall, Durham DH1 5UL. Telephone 03000 269732 or email: email@example.com
The closing date for receipt of completed applications is 10 June 2022.