Members of the Combined Fire Authority will:
- Make informed decisions in relation to Service policy and strategy aligned to the Authority’s vision, priorities, objectives and values.
- Approve the Service’s budget and ensure they receive sufficient money from local council tax.
- Monitor the Service’s performance to ensure it is efficient, effective and economical.
- Appoint the following positions:
- Chief Fire Officer/Chief Executive
- Clerk to the Fire Authority
- Treasurer to the Fire Authority
- Principal Officers
- Act as the final level of appeal in employee disciplinary and grievance procedures